It’s Day 2 of the Blogger Book Fair! Be sure to check out the Reader’s Choice Awards over at Shut Up and Read. Thief of Hope is in the running in the Fantasy-Mature (2) category. Votes are appreciated!
Today I’m featuring Eileen Sharp, author of The Unspeller and the Book of Days.
From the author of Certainty comes a fantasy set against the ticking clock of magic’s end. The Unspeller and the Book of Days is an extraordinary fantasy about a powerful family and an ungifted child. Aesa Jereward finds himself the center of suspicion and fear, a possible sign of the foretold End of magic. Being part of a rich bloodline with deep magic only increases his misery. With the help of his extraordinary siblings and a dragon of mysterious origins, Aesa must find his own path in the destiny of magic.
Check out Eileen’s blog for more information on her and her books: http://eileensharp.wordpress.com/
Author Interview: Eileen Sharp
1. Which books/authors have most influenced you as an author and why?
I was really influenced by Lloyd Alexander – his High King series was so perfect. I’ve never forgotten how I felt finishing the last book in the series. I was twelve and blown away.
2. If you could meet one of your favorite fictional characters, who would you choose and why?
Edward Cullen. Seriously.
3. What fictional world would you most like to visit?
Middle Earth, or Pern. Both of them are so beautifully vivid and they really suck you in and make you wish they were real.
4. What advice would you give your pre-published self, knowing what you know now?
Be patient and a little discontented with everything. It can’t hurt to go for perfection!
5. Waiting for the next season of Game of Thrones is hard, but now’s the time to prepare. What three things do you want to have on hand when the Others come down from beyond the Wall?
I know this is shocking, but I haven’t read Game of Thrones or watched the series.
Hmm, striking out so far with my Got question!